- The fee to renew a passenger vehicle plate is $80.00 for walk-in customers. By mail the fee is $82.00.
- When paying by card (Master Card, Visa, & Discover) there is a 2% +$0.25 additional charge.
- Most vehicles must be tested for emissions before renewal. EMISSION INFORMATION
- A donation of $1 to promote Organ Donor Awareness is optional. ORGAN DONOR REGISTRATION
- New residents are required to apply for license plate and/or county wheel tax immediately after moving. Tennessee law does not provide a grace period.
- New registrants are required to provide proof of identity and proof of residency and physical presence.
- State of Tennessee Vehicle Service
Volunteer a dollar
You may save a life!
Sumner County is a leader in the State.
Over $625,000 collected to date