- MVD Title Application under current Coronavirus Procedures. updated 06-16-2020
- License Plate Expired More Than 90-days under current Coronavirus Procedures.
- Moving From a County Inside TN & Need to Renew under current Coronavirus Procedures.
- Moving Here From Out-of-State Title Application under current Coronavirus Procedures.
- Duplicate Title under current Coronavirus Procedures.
- The application for a title to a vehicle is $11.00. The total fee for a new title and license plate is $91.00. An additional $11.00 is required for noting a lien. Purchase of a new plate requires an emission test under most circumstances.
- Transfer of tag and application for title is $14.50. An additional $11.00 is required for noting a lien. The registration of the plate and the new title must be in the same name(s). When transferring a plate registered in your name, no emission test is required.
- When paying by card (Master Card, Visa, & Discover) there is a 2% +$0.25 additional charge.
- Vehicle Title Information @ TN.gov
- If an individual purchases a vehicle from a Tennessee dealer, sales tax is paid to the dealer; otherwise the sales tax is paid to the County Clerk’s office. <Calculate Tax> If you obtained your vehicle from a lineal relative or the selling price is less than 75 percent of the retail pricing guide value, both the seller and the purchaser are required to complete an additional form. (Low selling price affidavit.) You can check the value of your vehicle at www.kbb.com or www.nada.com
- Replacement titles for current Sumner County registered vehicles can be applied for by the owner at either our Gallatin or Hendersonville locations. The replacement fee is $11.00. There is a $2.00 fee for applications processed by mail.
- A donation of $1 to promote Organ Donor Awareness is optional. ORGAN DONOR REGISTRATION
- Register on-line – Tennessee Donor Registry
- Vehicle Services State of Tennessee
Volunteer a dollar
You may save a life!
Sumner County is a leader in the State.
Over $625,000.00 collected to date