- You may apply for your business license Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. at the Gallatin location or by mail.
- The application fee is $15.00 for the original business license.
- When paying by card (Master Card, Visa, & Discover) there is a 2% +$0.25 additional charge.
- Businesses that have gross revenue over $10,000 a year, renew their license and pays the tax to the Tennessee Department of Revenue based on the receipts earned during the tax period.
- A business located within the city limits must also obtain a city license.
- For application or return forms use the link below.
- Minimal Activity License for businesses grossing $10,000 or less renews annually HERE.
For steps to starting a business in Sumner County, Tennessee, use the links below. All businesses will need to meet local zoning requirements.
STANDARD BUSINESS TAX APPLICATION (Sales and Service greater than $10,000 per year)
MINIMAL ACTIVITY BUSINESS TAX APPLICATION (Sales and Service less Than $10,000 per year)
BUSINESS TAX INFORMATION @TN.gov Overview
- RENEW ANNUAL MINIMAL ACTIVITY BUSINESS LICENSE