- You may apply for your business license Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. at the Gallatin location or by mail.
- The application fee is $15.00 for the original business license.
- When paying by card (Master Card, Visa, & Discover) there is a 2% +$0.25 additional charge.
- Businesses that have gross revenue over $10,000 a year, renew their license and pays the tax to the Tennessee Department of Revenue based on the receipts earned during the tax period.
- A business located within the city limits must also obtain a city license.
- For application or return forms use the link below.
- Minimal Activity License for businesses grossing $10,000 or less renews annually HERE.
For steps to starting a business in Sumner County, Tennessee, use the links below. All businesses will need to meet local zoning requirements.
ONLINE BUSINESS TAX APPLICATION
STANDARD BUSINESS TAX APPLICATION (Sales and Service greater than $10,000 per year)
MINIMAL ACTIVITY BUSINESS TAX APPLICATION (Sales and Service less Than $10,000 per year)
ANNUAL RENEWAL AND NEW LICENSE on TNTAP
BUSINESS TAX INFORMATION @TN.gov Overview
TENNESSEE SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER at Volunteer State
BUSINESS RESOURCES FOR CUSTOMERS WITH A DISABILITY
- RENEW ANNUAL MINIMAL ACTIVITY BUSINESS LICENSE