Notary Applications by Appointment
NEW!! Governor Lee's Executive Order 28 extended the notary expiration dates for any commission expiring between March 12, 2020, and May 18, 2020, to not expire until July 15, 2020.
Notary applications are accepted at the Administration Building in Gallatin. The address is below.
Before your appointment date is assigned you will need to:
- Complete the Notary Application
- Obtain a 4-year Notary Bond from an insurance company
Once you have your bond in hand and completed application, call 615-452-4063 You will receive instruction for filing the application, Notary Bond, pay the fee ($12) and have the oath administered.
All Notary applicants must be approved by the Sumner County Commission. The next scheduled Commission meeting is May 18, 2020.
Have additional Questions?
Leave your contact phone number at 615-452-4063 or Clerk@SumnerCountyTN.gov and we will call you.
Sumner County Clerk
355 N Belvedere Dr Rm 111
Gallatin, TN 37066-5410
- Applicant must be a United States citizen or a legal permanent resident TCA 8-16-101.
- Your residence or principal place of business must be in Sumner County.
- Notary applications are accepted Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. at the Gallatin location.
- All applicants are required to appear in the Gallatin office to take the oath and pay the fee. We can notarize your application in the Clerk’s office.
- Notaries Public are elected by the County Commission to a four-year term. Your applications, bond and $12.00 fee must be received in the Gallatin office before the third Monday of the month.
- A $10,000 original bond for the term must be submitted when you appear.
- The Notaries Public can purchase a seal (rubber stamp) from most office supply companies.
- Additional information: Notary FAQ's
CLICK HERE FOR NOTARY APPLICATION
What to bring when you appear before the Clerk: $12.00 fee, Notary Bond, and Application. Notary applications must be sumitted by noon on the date of the County Commission meeting. Meeting Dates.
ALL NOTARY APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO APPEAR IN THE COUNTY CLERKS OFFICE TO HAVE THE OATH ADMINISTERED.
For questions please call our Notary Department 615-452-4063.