Notary Applications by Appointment
During the current Declaration of Emergency, all County Buildings are closed to the public and we have limited staff. We are having to complete transactions using drive-thru windows. Notary applications are accepted at the Administration Building in Gallatin. The address is below.
You will first need to complete the Notary Application email back to us Clerk@SumnerCountyTN.gov.
Please include a contact phone number where we can call you with instructions and setup an appointment for you to make application, file the bond, pay the fee ($12) and have the oath administered.
All Notary applicants must be approved by the Sumner County Commission. The next scheduled Commission meeting is April 20, 2020.
Sumner County Clerk
355 N Belvedere Dr Rm 111
Gallatin, TN 37066-5410
- Applicant must be a United States citizen or a legal permanent resident TCA 8-16-101.
- Your residence or principal place of business must be in Sumner County.
- Notary applications are accepted Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. at the Gallatin location.
- All applicants are required to appear in the Gallatin office to take the oath and pay the fee. We can notarize your application in the Clerk’s office.
- Notaries Public are elected by the County Commission to a four-year term. Your applications, bond and $12.00 fee must be received in the Gallatin office before the third Monday of the month.
- A $10,000 original bond for the term must be submitted when you appear.
- The Notaries Public can purchase a seal (rubber stamp) from most office supply companies.
- Additional information: Notary FAQ's
CLICK HERE FOR NOTARY APPLICATION
What to bring when you appear before the Clerk: $12.00 fee, Notary Bond, and Application. Notary applications must be sumitted by noon on the date of the County Commission meeting. Meeting Dates.
ALL NOTARY APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO APPEAR IN THE COUNTY CLERKS OFFICE TO HAVE THE OATH ADMINISTERED.
For questions please call our Notary Department 615-452-4063.