What to bring when you appear before the Clerk: $12.00 fee, Notary Bond, and Application. Notary applications must be submitted by noon on the date of the County Commission meeting. Meeting Dates.
ALL NOTARY APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO APPEAR IN THE COUNTY CLERKS OFFICE TO HAVE THE OATH ADMINISTERED.
Sumner County Clerk
355 N Belvedere Dr Rm 111
Gallatin, TN 37066-5410
For questions please call our Notary Department 615-452-4063.
- Applicant must be a United States citizen or a legal permanent resident TCA 8-16-101.
- Your residence or principal place of business must be in Sumner County.
- Notary applications are accepted Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. at the Gallatin location (The address is below.)
- All applicants are required to appear in the Gallatin office to take the oath and pay the fee. We can notarize your application in the Clerk’s office.
- Notaries Public are elected by the County Commission to a four-year term. Your applications, bond and $12.00 fee must be received in the Gallatin office before the third Monday of the month.
- A $10,000 original bond for the term must be submitted when you appear.
- The Notaries Public can purchase a seal (rubber stamp) from most office supply companies.
- Additional information: Notary FAQ's
CLICK HERE FOR NOTARY APPLICATION