- You may apply for your business license Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. at the Gallatin location or by mail.
- The application fee is $15.00 for the original business license.
- When paying by card (Master Card, Visa, & Discover) there is a 2% +$0.25 additional charge.
- Each year the license is renewed and a tax is paid to the Tennessee Department of Revenue based on the gross receipts earned during the tax period.
- A business located within the city limits must also obtain a city license.
- For application or return forms use the link below.
For steps to starting a business in Sumner County, Tennessee, use the links below. All businesses will need to meet local zoning requirements.
ONLINE BUSINESS TAX APPLICATION
STANDARD BUSINESS TAX APPLICATION (Sales and Service greater than $10,000 per year)
MINIMAL ACTIVITY BUSINESS TAX APPLICATION (Sales and Service less Than $10,000 per year)
BUSINESS TAX INFORMATION @TN.gov
TENNESSEE SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER at Volunteer State
BUSINESS RESOURCES FOR CUSTOMERS WITH A DISABILITY