- You may apply for your business license Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. at the Gallatin location or by mail.
- The application fee is $15.00 for the original business license.
- When paying by card (Master Card, Visa, & Discover) there is a 2% +$0.25 additional charge.
- Each year the license is renewed and a tax is paid to the Tennessee Department of Revenue based on the gross receipts earned during the tax period.
- A business located within the city limits must also obtain a city license.
- For application or return forms use the link below.
For steps to starting a business in Sumner County, Tennessee, use the links below. All businesses will need to meet local zoning requirements.