All Sumner County Vehicles model year 1975 and newer with a GVWR 10,500 or less are required to provide an emission compliance certificate when renewing a license plate.
If your plate is expired more than 90-days or does not renew in the next 90-days, you will not be able to renew online.
- Online -You can renew your plate online HERE.
- Kiosk -We have a self-service kiosk located at the White House Volunteer State Bank location.
- Mail -Renew by mail at the address below. Checks should be made payable to: Sumner County Clerk.
- Drive-Thru- The Windows in Gallatin and Hendersonville process basic MVD renewals. If your expiration date is changing, you will need to come inside the office.
- In Office - The County Administration Building in Gallatin will open to the public starting Friday, May 1, 2020. Everyone (Employees and Customers) entering the building will be subject a wellness screen. More Info The Hendersonville Office will open for inside customers starting May 11, 2020. For safety reason the number of customers allowed inside the office will be limited. https://sumnertags.com/information/locations
Have additional Questions?
Leave your contact phone number at 615-452-4063 or Clerk@SumnerCountyTN.gov and we will call you.
Sumner County Clerk
355 N Belvedere Dr Rm 111
Gallatin, TN 37066-5410